Maps, Guides & More

Places and geographical objects on the map of Alto_Paraguay.

Map of Alto Paraguay district in Paraguay

Basic information about Alto_Paraguay
Alto Paraguay ([ˌalto paɾaˈɣwaj]; Upper Paraguay) is a sparsely populated department of Paraguay. The capital is the town of Fuerte Olimpo. In 1992 the Chaco Department was merged with Alto Paraguay, effectively recreating the original department Olimpo as it existed until 1945.
Cities, towns & villages in Alto Paraguay
NameDescriptionShow
Fuerte OlimpoFuerte Olimpo is a city in Paraguay. It is the capital of the department of Alto Paraguay.Capital of Alto Paraguay Region, far from Asunción 838 km, located on Paraguay River, originally called Fuerte Borbón. The city is also known as “la puerta de entrada al Pantanal”, or entrance to the Pantanal region. Fuerte Olimpo is on east of Chaco Boreal on east shore of Paraguay River near the mouth of Blanco River, to the north the moist ground called humedales from the Gran Pantanal. Fuerte Olimpo is far away from the flood area. The city is surrounded by a wall 4 km long. Show Fuerte Olimpoon the map
Puerto La VictoriaPuerto Casado (formerly known as La Victoria) is one of the 4 districts in Alto Paraguay Department, Paraguay. It includes the town of La Victoria or Puerto La Victoria, which has a population of around 6,500. Show Puerto La Victoriaon the map
Capitán Pablo LagerenzaMayor Pablo Lagerenza is a town in the Alto Paraguay department of Paraguay. Show Capitán Pablo Lagerenzaon the map
LourdesLourdes is a settlement in the Alto Paraguay Department of Paraguay. Show Lourdeson the map
San JorgeSan Jorge is a neighbourhood (barrio) of Asunción, Paraguay. Show San Jorgeon the map
States, regions, administrative units in Alto Paraguay
NameDescriptionShow
Departamento de Alto ParaguayAlto Paraguay (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈalto paɾaˈɣwai̯]; Upper Paraguay) is a sparsely populated department of Paraguay. The capital is the town of Fuerte Olimpo. In 1992 the Chaco Department was merged with Alto Paraguay, effectively recreating the original department Olimpo as it existed until 1945.Show on map